CMS is concerned with protecting the health information of Medicare beneficiaries. As always, WPS GHA remains committed to meeting CMS requirements to secure the protected health insurance information of Medicare beneficiaries. We believe you understand and share this same commitment.
The WPS GHA Portal password requirements are as follows:
- Passwords must be 8 - 20 characters in length.
- Passwords must contain:
- One upper case alphabetic letters: A - Z
- One lower case alphabetic letters: a - z
- One numeric digits: 0 - 9
- One special characters (only the six listed below are valid):
- Pound sign (#)
- Dollar sign ($)
- Percent sign (%)
- Ampersand (&)
- Underscore (_)
- Hyphen (-)
- Passwords must not contain personal information which includes:
- First name
- Last name
- User Login ID
- Dictionary words (words consisting of four or more letters) Please note: This is the requirement most often overlooked and causes the most difficulty for users. To successfully create a password, please be careful to avoid dictionary words.
- Passwords automatically expire after 60 days and must be changed.
- Newly created passwords must be different than the previous 24 passwords used.
- Newly created passwords must differ from the previous password by at least four characters.
- Passwords can only be changed once in a 24 hour period.
Some helpful suggestions to assist you in the creation of your new password are listed below.
- Choose a smaller password and repeat it: Ab#1Ab#1
- Use the $ sign instead of the letter "S": Pa$$1Pa$$1
- Use the number zero instead of the letter "O": w0rd1w0rd1
- Use the number one instead of the letter "I": Wh1te$Wh1te$
Send Us Your Feedback!