You currently have jurisdiction selected, however this page only applies to these jurisdiction(s): .
Reviewed March 1, 2023
Updated March 2, 2023
The WPS GHA Portal Website is composed of various web pages operated by Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation (“WPS”). The capitalized term “Website” shall be defined herein to include wpsgha.com and all other web pages operated or hosted exclusively by WPS for health care providers in Medicare Jurisdiction 5 (“J5”) and Jurisdiction 8 (“J8”), including the transactional areas of the WPS GHA Portal that require user registration to access.
You agree not to:
- use or access the Website, or any information accessed through the Website, for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use or access the Website to impersonate any person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or access to it;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Website or access to it any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, spyware, or other harmful computer code, file, or program;
- restrict or inhibit the ability of any other person to access or use the Website;
- modify, adapt or translate any portion of the Website;
- remove, obscure or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Website; and
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website, including, but not limited to, data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
Products and Services Void Where Prohibited
Although the information on this Website is accessible worldwide, not all services discussed in this Website are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. To the extent permitted by law, WPS reserves the right to limit the provision of its services to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction and to limit the quantities of any services that WPS provides. Any offer for any service made in the materials on this Website is void where prohibited and/or WPS is not licensed or admitted to do business. Nothing in this Website implies that WPS provides, or intends to provide, such services in your area, jurisdiction, state or country.
The Website is designed to provide general information about WPS and its administration of Medicare in J5 and J8, as well as access to eligibility and claims data as authorized. The eligibility and claims data displayed by the Transactional Areas originates from several third party (external) data centers, which are ultimately responsible for the data content provided to the Website and WPS does not guarantee the data will be error-free. Although WPS strives to ensure its accuracy and integrity, all information on this Website and documents available from this server are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. WPS does not represent or guarantee that your use of information or documents from this Website would not infringe privately owned rights.
Information on this Website may contain out of date information, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. WPS assumes no responsibility or liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly arising out of any errors, omissions, or discrepancies. Information may be changed or updated by WPS at any time without notice. WPS may also make improvements and/or changes in the services described in this information at any time without notice.
The information on this Website is limited in nature and therefore may be incomplete. For example, it may not contain all of the applicable terms, conditions, limitations or exclusions of the services referenced.
The views and opinions of third-party authors published on this Website do not necessarily reflect those of WPS.
Intellectual Property Rights
All content included on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips, and software, is either the exclusive property of WPS or duly licensed by third parties. All content is protected by United States of America and international copyright laws and all such rights are reserved. The content on this Website may be used as an informational resource only. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance of the contents on this Website is strictly prohibited.
The contents of this Website's pages, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips, and software, are copyrighted materials owned and/or controlled by WPS and contain WPS's trademarks, service marks, and trade names. Users of this Website may download one copy of these materials on any single computer and print a copy of the materials for the user's use in learning about, evaluating, or acquiring WPS's services. No other permission is granted to any user to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify these materials. No permission is granted to any user to use WPS's icons, site address, or other means to hyperlink other Internet sites with any page in this Website, and WPS assumes no responsibility, obligation or liability for any other party's website that is hyperlinked to this Website or in which any part of this Website has been hyperlinked.
This Website contains hyperlinks (“links”) to and frames of websites that are not maintained by WPS. WPS makes no representations whatsoever about any other website that may be accessed through or hyperlinked to this Website. Any non-WPS website is independent from WPS and WPS has no control over its content or privacy practices. While WPS tries to include only links to or frames of websites that are of good quality, WPS cannot guarantee that those websites will not change without WPS's knowledge. WPS’s inclusion of such links and frames in this Website is for your convenience only and does not imply WPS's endorsement or recommendation of the linked or framed websites or their content or privacy practices. WPS does not accept any responsibility, obligation or liability for damages arising out of your use of such non-WPS websites.
No information, statements, links, or references to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, or manufacturer should be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation by WPS.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WPS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON ANY INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WPS IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This disclaimer of responsibility and liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. By using this Website, the user specifically acknowledges that WPS is not responsible or liable for any user's or any third party's defamatory, offensive, infringing, or illegal information, materials or conduct, and WPS reserves the right to remove such information or materials from this Website without liability.
Any comments or materials sent to WPS, including, but not limited to, feedback data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, (collectively "Feedback") shall be deemed to be non-confidential and provided free and without fee, charge, or cost to WPS. WPS shall have no responsibility, obligation or liability of any kind with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to reproduce, delete, destroy, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, WPS shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, methodology, or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products or services incorporating such Feedback.
Privacy and Personal Information
View AMA License
LICENSE FOR USE OF PHYSICIANS' CURRENT PROCEDURAL TERMINOLOGY, FOURTH EDITION (CPT)
End User Point and Click Agreement:
CPT codes, descriptions and other data only are copyright 2022 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association (AMA).
You, your employees and agents are authorized to use CPT only as contained in the following authorized materials of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) internally within your organization within the United States for the sole use by yourself, employees and agents. Use is limited to use in Medicare, Medicaid or other programs administered by CMS. You agree to take all necessary steps to insure that your employees and agents abide by the terms of this agreement.
Any use not authorized herein is prohibited, including by way of illustration and not by way of limitation, making copies of CPT for resale and/or license, transferring copies of CPT to any party not bound by this agreement, creating any modified or derivative work of CPT, or making any commercial use of CPT. License to use CPT for any use not authorized herein must be obtained through the AMA, CPT Intellectual Property Services, 515 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60654. Applications are available at the AMA Web site, http://www.ama-assn.org/go/cpt.
Applicable FARS\DFARS Restrictions Apply to Government Use. This product includes CPT which is commercial technical data and/or computer data bases and/or commercial computer software and/or commercial computer software documentation, as applicable which were developed exclusively at private expense by the American Medical Association, 515 North State Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60654. U.S. Government rights to use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display, or disclose these technical data and/or computer data bases and/or computer software and/or computer software documentation are subject to the limited rights restrictions of DFARS 252.227-7015(b)(2) (November 1995) and/or subject to the restrictions of DFARS 227.7202-1(a) (June 1995) and DFARS 227.7202-3(a) (June 1995), as applicable for U.S. Department of Defense procurements and the limited rights restrictions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and/or subject to the restricted rights provisions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and FAR 52.227-19 (June 1987), as applicable, and any applicable agency FAR Supplements, for non-Department of Defense Federal procurements.
AMA Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities.
CPT is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. No fee schedules, basic unit, relative values or related listings are included in CPT. The AMA does not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical services. The responsibility for the content of this file/product is with CMS and no endorsement by the AMA is intended or implied. The AMA disclaims responsibility for any consequences or liability attributable to or related to any use, non-use, or interpretation of information contained or not contained in this file/product. This agreement will terminate upon notice if you violate its terms. The AMA is a third party beneficiary to this agreement.
The scope of this license is determined by the AMA, the copyright holder. Any questions pertaining to the license or use of the CPT should be addressed to the AMA. End Users do not act for or on behalf of the CMS. CMS DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO END USER USE OF THE CPT. CMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THIS PAGE. In no event shall CMS be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of such information or material.
Should the foregoing terms and conditions be acceptable to you, please indicate your agreement and acceptance by clicking above on the button labeled "Accept".
LICENSE FOR USE OF CURRENT DENTAL TERMINOLOGY (CDT™)
These materials contain Current Dental Terminology (CDTTM), Copyright © 2010 American Dental Association (ADA). All rights reserved. CDT is a trademark of the ADA.
THE LICENSE GRANTED HEREIN IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT. BY CLICKING ABOVE ON THE BUTTON LABELED "ACCEPT", YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, CLICK BELOW ON THE BUTTON LABELED "DO NOT ACCEPT" AND EXIT FROM THIS COMPUTER SCREEN.
IF YOU ARE ACTING ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF SUCH ORGANIZATION AND THAT YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CREATES A LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE OBLIGATION OF THE ORGANIZATION. AS USED HEREIN, "YOU" AND "YOUR" REFER TO YOU AND ANY ORGANIZATION ON BEHALF OF WHICH YOU ARE ACTING.
- Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, you, your employees and agents are authorized to use CDT only as contained in the following authorized materials and solely for internal use by yourself, employees and agents within your organization within the United States and its territories. Use of CDT is limited to use in programs administered by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). You agree to take all necessary steps to ensure that your employees and agents abide by the terms of this agreement. You acknowledge that the ADA holds all copyright, trademark and other rights in CDT. You shall not remove, alter, or obscure any ADA copyright notices or other proprietary rights notices included in the materials.
- Any use not authorized herein is prohibited, including by way of illustration and not by way of limitation, making copies of CDT for resale and/or license, transferring copies of CDT to any party not bound by this agreement, creating any modified or derivative work of CDT, or making any commercial use of CDT. License to use CDT for any use not authorized herein must be obtained through the American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Applications are available at the American Dental Association web site, http://www.ADA.org/.
- Applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation Clauses (FARS)\Department of restrictions apply to Government Use. Please click here to see all U.S. Government Rights Provisions.
- ADA DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES. CDT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES O F MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO FEE SCHEDULES, BASIC UNIT, RELATIVE VALUES OR RELATED LISTINGS ARE INCLUDED IN CDT. THE ADA DOES NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY PRACTICE MEDICINE OR DISPENSE DENTAL SERVICES. THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY CDT AND OTHER CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, IS WITH (INSERT NAME OF APPLICABLE ENTITY) OR THE CMS; AND NO ENDORSEMENT BY THE ADA IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED. THE ADA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OR LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO OR RELATED TO ANY USE, NON-USE, OR INTERPRETATION OF INFORMATION CONTAINED OR NOT CONTAINED IN THIS FILE/PRODUCT. This Agreement will terminate upon notice to you if you violate the terms of this Agreement. The ADA is a third party beneficiary to this Agreement.
- CMS DISCLAIMER. The scope of this license is determined by the ADA, the copyright holder. Any questions pertaining to the license or use of the CDT should be addressed to the ADA. End Users do not act for or on behalf of the CMS. CMS DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO END USER USE OF THE CDT. CMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL COVERED BY THIS LICENSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CMS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.