You currently have jurisdiction selected, however this page only applies to these jurisdiction(s): .
Deductible and Coinsurance
View premium, deductible, and coinsurance costs for people with Medicare.
CMS Accessible Communications
For information about the availability of auxiliary aids and services, please visit:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Website
Find CMS resources such as manuals, an acronym lookup, Medicare Learning Network publications (e.g., MLN Matters articles), HIPAA information, the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, and Frequently Asked Questions.
- CMS Manuals
The Internet-Only Manuals (IOMs) include CMS program issuances, day-to-day operating instructions, policies, and procedures. Providers, contractors, Medicare Advantage organizations, and state survey agencies use the IOMs to administer CMS programs. The Paper-Based Manuals include the Provider Reimbursement Manual - Part 1 (Pub 15-1), the Provider Reimbursement Manual - Part 2 (Pub 15-2), and the State Medicaid Manual (Pub 45).
- CMS Transmittals
Find program transmittals used to communicate new or changed policies, and/or procedures that CMS will incorporate into a program manual.
- Federal Register
Find Federal agency regulations, Proposed Rules and Notices of interest to the public, Executive orders, Proclamations, and other Presidential documents.
Coverage and Guidance
- CMS Medicare Coverage Database (MCD) Reports
Find current and proposed Local Coverage Determinations by Contractor
- Cognitive Assessment & Care Plan Services
Medicare covers a separate visit to more thoroughly assess your patient’s cognitive function and develop a care plan.
- Prevention - General Information
- View information about preventive services and screenings covered by Medicare.
- Provider Compliance Tips for Polysomnography (Sleep Studies)
Learn about common reasons for claim denials, coverage criteria, and ways to prevent denials.
- Practitioner & DMEPOS Supplier Information on Power Mobility Devices
Learn coverage criteria, programs that may affect reimbursement, and provider and supplier requirements.
- Flu Shots
Find billing, coding, and payment information for flu shot providers.
- Hospital Outpatient PPS - Addendum A and Addendum B Updates
Access quarterly updates to the OPPS website.
Access information about the transition to ICD-10.
- Medicare Payment Systems Educational Tool
Learn how billing and payment works for hospitals, hospice, hospital outpatient, inpatient psychiatric facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, long-term care hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and skilled nursing facilities payment systems.
- Medicare Documentation Job Aid for Doctors of Chiropractic
Learn about responding to medical records requests, documentation to support medical necessity, and medical records that support “corrective treatment.”
- Medicare Remit Easy Print (MREP)
Providers and suppliers can download this free software to access and print remittance advice information, including special reports, from the HIPAA 835.
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI)
Access information about the Correct Coding Initiative (CCI), edits that are pairs of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) or Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Level II codes not separately payable except under certain circumstances. The system applies edits to services billed by the same provider for the same beneficiary on the same date of service. The system processes all claims against the CCI tables.
- Remittance Advice Reason and Remark Codes
View descriptions for Remittance Advice reason and remark codes.
Find basic information about organ transplant programs
- ZIP Code Changes and ZIP Codes Requiring +4 Ext Files
Download ZIP code files used in the Prospective Payment System (PPS).
Providers/Suppliers - General Information
- All Fee-For-Service Providers Information
Access information for Fee-for-Service providers and suppliers.
- The American Health Quality Association (AHQA)
Access information about Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs) on the AHQA website.
- CMS Forms List
Download CMS forms, as well as filing instructions.
- Medicare Advantage (MA)/ Part D Contract and Enrollment Data
Access information on contracts and plans, enrollment numbers, service area data, and contact information for MA, Prescription Drug Plan (PDP), cost, PACE, and demonstration organizations.
Coordination of Benefits (COB) and Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP)
- CMS' Coordination of Benefits website
Access information about coordination of the payment process, and ensuring that the primary payer, whether Medicare or other insurance, pays first.
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act)
- Administrative Simplification Overview
Access the latest HIPAA news, educational materials, Frequently Asked Questions, and many other HIPAA-related resources on the CMS website.
Medicare Learning Network (MLN)
We encourage you to visit the Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) the place for official CMS Medicare Fee-For-Service provider educational information. There you can find one of our most popular products, MLN Matters national provider education articles. These articles help you understand new or changed Medicare policy and how those changes affect you. A full array of other educational products (including Web-based training courses, hard copy and downloadable publications, and CD-ROMs) are also available and can be accessed at: http://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/index.html. You can also find other important websites by visiting the Physician Center webpage at: http://www.cms.gov/Center/Provider-Type/Physician-Center.html, and the All Fee-For-Service Providers Web page at https://www.cms.gov/Center/Provider-Type/All-Fee-For-Service-Providers-Center.html.
In addition to educational products, the MLN also offers providers and suppliers opportunities to learn more about the Medicare program through MLN National Provider Calls. These national conference calls, held by CMS for the Medicare Fee-For-Service provider and supplier community, educate and inform participants about new policies and/or changes to the Medicare program. Offered free of charge, continuing education credits may be awarded for participation in certain National Provider Calls. To learn more about MLN National Provider Calls including upcoming calls, registration information, and links to previous call materials, visit https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/NPC/National-Provider-Calls-and-Events.
Sign up for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' Medicare Learning Network Listserv!
Be among the first to know about new and updated MLN products and resources by subscribing to the MLN Education Products listserv. To sign up, go to http://list.nih.gov. In the ‘Browse’ section, select ‘Search Public Lists.’ In the search field, enter 'MLN' and select 'search'. Select MLN_EDUCATION_PRODUCTS-L. Follow the prompts to obtain a password. Once you create a password, you will be able to subscribe to a list and change your subscription options.
We look forward to your joining the Medicare Learning Network® family.
Stay Connected with CMS.
CMS RSS Feed
View AMA License
LICENSE FOR USE OF PHYSICIANS' CURRENT PROCEDURAL TERMINOLOGY, FOURTH EDITION (CPT)
End User Point and Click Agreement:
CPT codes, descriptions and other data only are copyright 2022 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association (AMA).
You, your employees and agents are authorized to use CPT only as contained in the following authorized materials of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) internally within your organization within the United States for the sole use by yourself, employees and agents. Use is limited to use in Medicare, Medicaid or other programs administered by CMS. You agree to take all necessary steps to insure that your employees and agents abide by the terms of this agreement.
Any use not authorized herein is prohibited, including by way of illustration and not by way of limitation, making copies of CPT for resale and/or license, transferring copies of CPT to any party not bound by this agreement, creating any modified or derivative work of CPT, or making any commercial use of CPT. License to use CPT for any use not authorized herein must be obtained through the AMA, CPT Intellectual Property Services, 515 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60654. Applications are available at the AMA Web site, http://www.ama-assn.org/go/cpt.
Applicable FARS\DFARS Restrictions Apply to Government Use. This product includes CPT which is commercial technical data and/or computer data bases and/or commercial computer software and/or commercial computer software documentation, as applicable which were developed exclusively at private expense by the American Medical Association, 515 North State Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60654. U.S. Government rights to use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display, or disclose these technical data and/or computer data bases and/or computer software and/or computer software documentation are subject to the limited rights restrictions of DFARS 252.227-7015(b)(2) (November 1995) and/or subject to the restrictions of DFARS 227.7202-1(a) (June 1995) and DFARS 227.7202-3(a) (June 1995), as applicable for U.S. Department of Defense procurements and the limited rights restrictions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and/or subject to the restricted rights provisions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and FAR 52.227-19 (June 1987), as applicable, and any applicable agency FAR Supplements, for non-Department of Defense Federal procurements.
AMA Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities.
CPT is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. No fee schedules, basic unit, relative values or related listings are included in CPT. The AMA does not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical services. The responsibility for the content of this file/product is with CMS and no endorsement by the AMA is intended or implied. The AMA disclaims responsibility for any consequences or liability attributable to or related to any use, non-use, or interpretation of information contained or not contained in this file/product. This agreement will terminate upon notice if you violate its terms. The AMA is a third party beneficiary to this agreement.
The scope of this license is determined by the AMA, the copyright holder. Any questions pertaining to the license or use of the CPT should be addressed to the AMA. End Users do not act for or on behalf of the CMS. CMS DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO END USER USE OF THE CPT. CMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THIS PAGE. In no event shall CMS be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of such information or material.
Should the foregoing terms and conditions be acceptable to you, please indicate your agreement and acceptance by clicking above on the button labeled "Accept".
LICENSE FOR USE OF CURRENT DENTAL TERMINOLOGY (CDT™)
These materials contain Current Dental Terminology (CDTTM), Copyright © 2010 American Dental Association (ADA). All rights reserved. CDT is a trademark of the ADA.
THE LICENSE GRANTED HEREIN IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT. BY CLICKING ABOVE ON THE BUTTON LABELED "ACCEPT", YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, CLICK BELOW ON THE BUTTON LABELED "DO NOT ACCEPT" AND EXIT FROM THIS COMPUTER SCREEN.
IF YOU ARE ACTING ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF SUCH ORGANIZATION AND THAT YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CREATES A LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE OBLIGATION OF THE ORGANIZATION. AS USED HEREIN, "YOU" AND "YOUR" REFER TO YOU AND ANY ORGANIZATION ON BEHALF OF WHICH YOU ARE ACTING.
- Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, you, your employees and agents are authorized to use CDT only as contained in the following authorized materials and solely for internal use by yourself, employees and agents within your organization within the United States and its territories. Use of CDT is limited to use in programs administered by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). You agree to take all necessary steps to ensure that your employees and agents abide by the terms of this agreement. You acknowledge that the ADA holds all copyright, trademark and other rights in CDT. You shall not remove, alter, or obscure any ADA copyright notices or other proprietary rights notices included in the materials.
- Any use not authorized herein is prohibited, including by way of illustration and not by way of limitation, making copies of CDT for resale and/or license, transferring copies of CDT to any party not bound by this agreement, creating any modified or derivative work of CDT, or making any commercial use of CDT. License to use CDT for any use not authorized herein must be obtained through the American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Applications are available at the American Dental Association web site, http://www.ADA.org/.
- Applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation Clauses (FARS)\Department of restrictions apply to Government Use. Please click here to see all U.S. Government Rights Provisions.
- ADA DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES. CDT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES O F MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO FEE SCHEDULES, BASIC UNIT, RELATIVE VALUES OR RELATED LISTINGS ARE INCLUDED IN CDT. THE ADA DOES NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY PRACTICE MEDICINE OR DISPENSE DENTAL SERVICES. THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY CDT AND OTHER CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, IS WITH (INSERT NAME OF APPLICABLE ENTITY) OR THE CMS; AND NO ENDORSEMENT BY THE ADA IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED. THE ADA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OR LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO OR RELATED TO ANY USE, NON-USE, OR INTERPRETATION OF INFORMATION CONTAINED OR NOT CONTAINED IN THIS FILE/PRODUCT. This Agreement will terminate upon notice to you if you violate the terms of this Agreement. The ADA is a third party beneficiary to this Agreement.
- CMS DISCLAIMER. The scope of this license is determined by the ADA, the copyright holder. Any questions pertaining to the license or use of the CDT should be addressed to the ADA. End Users do not act for or on behalf of the CMS. CMS DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO END USER USE OF THE CDT. CMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL COVERED BY THIS LICENSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CMS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.