WPS Government Health Administrators (WPS GHA) has served Medicare beneficiaries since 1966, providing over 50 years of service to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Medicare program. Our mission is to provide service and value considered by our customers to be the very best. We remain committed to providing the best in service to Medicare beneficiaries and providers through emphasis on uncompromising business ethics and long-term sustained performance excellence. It has long been our goal to serve our Medicare customers more effectively while lowering our costs and improving productivity.
WPS GHA currently serves:
- Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) Jurisdiction 5 (J5) - providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska, as well as Part A Medicare benefit administration for J5 National providers
- MAC Jurisdiction 8 (J8) - providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Indiana and Michigan
- As a subcontractor for other CMS contracts
Some important facts to know about the WPS GHA division include:
- Performs in the top tier of Medicare contractors as measured by CMS evaluations of operating performance
- Is ISO 9001-2015 certified, demonstrating our commitment to quality and customer service
- Serves more than 140,000 providers and over 7 million Medicare beneficiaries
- Processes 130 million claims annually with more than $47 billion in benefit payments
WPS employs a Compliance Officer to provide an independent perspective to the management of our Medicare services. Our Compliance Officer is a certified Corporate Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) who reports directly to the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the WPS Board of Directors. The Compliance Officer works closely with our leadership team and CMS to ensure our Medicare services comply with all laws and regulations and are carried out with the highest ethical standards. Our compliance program consists of policies, procedures, and training to safeguard protected health information, prevent conflicts of interest, and promote ethical conduct, including WPS’ Code of Conduct .
WPS is very proud to again be named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" in 2018 by the Ethisphere® Institute. This is the ninth consecutive year WPS has received this honor, which attests to our dedication and commitment to a higher ethical behavior. Ethisphere reviewed thousands of nominations from companies around the globe. This award is reserved for organizations that demonstrate exceptional ethical leadership, commitment to social responsibility, and outstanding compliance performance.
If you are a provider who landed on this page looking for claims assistance, select "Contact Us" in the footer of the page. If you are a beneficiary who landed on this page, please call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or visit medicare.gov for assistance.
Send Us Your Feedback!