About WPS Government Health Administrators (GHA)
About WPS Government Health Administrators (GHA)
You currently have jurisdiction selected, however this page only applies to these jurisdiction(s): .
WPS Government Health Administrators (WPS GHA) has served Medicare beneficiaries since 1966, providing over 50 years of service to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Medicare program. Our mission is to provide service and value considered by our customers to be the very best. We remain committed to providing the best in service to Medicare beneficiaries and providers through emphasis on uncompromising business ethics and long-term sustained performance excellence. It has long been our goal to serve our Medicare customers more effectively while lowering our costs and improving productivity.
WPS GHA currently serves:
- Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) Jurisdiction 5 (J5) - providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska, as well as Part A Medicare benefit administration for J5 National providers
- MAC Jurisdiction 8 (J8) - providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Indiana and Michigan
- As a subcontractor for other CMS contracts
Some important facts to know about the WPS GHA division include:
- Performs in the top tier of Medicare contractors as measured by CMS evaluations of operating performance
- Is ISO 9001-2015 certified, demonstrating our commitment to quality and customer service
- Serves more than 140,000 providers and over 7 million Medicare beneficiaries
- Processes 130 million claims annually with more than $47 billion in benefit payments
WPS employs a Compliance Officer to provide an independent perspective to the management of our Medicare services. Our Compliance Officer is a certified Corporate Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) who reports directly to the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the WPS Board of Directors. The Compliance Officer works closely with our leadership team and CMS to ensure our Medicare services comply with all laws and regulations and are carried out with the highest ethical standards. Our compliance program consists of policies, procedures, and training to safeguard protected health information, prevent conflicts of interest, and promote ethical conduct, including WPS’ Code of Conduct .
WPS is very proud to again be named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" in 2019 by the Ethisphere® Institute. This is the tenth consecutive year WPS has received this honor, which attests to our dedication and commitment to a higher ethical behavior. Ethisphere reviewed thousands of nominations from companies around the globe. This award is reserved for organizations that demonstrate exceptional ethical leadership, commitment to social responsibility, and outstanding compliance performance.
If you are a provider who landed on this page looking for claims assistance, select "Contact Us" in the footer of the page. If you are a beneficiary who landed on this page, please call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or visit medicare.gov for assistance.
View AMA License
LICENSE FOR USE OF PHYSICIANS' CURRENT PROCEDURAL TERMINOLOGY, FOURTH EDITION (CPT)
End User Point and Click Agreement:
CPT codes, descriptions and other data only are copyright 2022 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association (AMA).
You, your employees and agents are authorized to use CPT only as contained in the following authorized materials of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) internally within your organization within the United States for the sole use by yourself, employees and agents. Use is limited to use in Medicare, Medicaid or other programs administered by CMS. You agree to take all necessary steps to insure that your employees and agents abide by the terms of this agreement.
Any use not authorized herein is prohibited, including by way of illustration and not by way of limitation, making copies of CPT for resale and/or license, transferring copies of CPT to any party not bound by this agreement, creating any modified or derivative work of CPT, or making any commercial use of CPT. License to use CPT for any use not authorized herein must be obtained through the AMA, CPT Intellectual Property Services, 515 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60654. Applications are available at the AMA Web site, http://www.ama-assn.org/go/cpt.
Applicable FARS\DFARS Restrictions Apply to Government Use. This product includes CPT which is commercial technical data and/or computer data bases and/or commercial computer software and/or commercial computer software documentation, as applicable which were developed exclusively at private expense by the American Medical Association, 515 North State Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60654. U.S. Government rights to use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display, or disclose these technical data and/or computer data bases and/or computer software and/or computer software documentation are subject to the limited rights restrictions of DFARS 252.227-7015(b)(2) (November 1995) and/or subject to the restrictions of DFARS 227.7202-1(a) (June 1995) and DFARS 227.7202-3(a) (June 1995), as applicable for U.S. Department of Defense procurements and the limited rights restrictions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and/or subject to the restricted rights provisions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and FAR 52.227-19 (June 1987), as applicable, and any applicable agency FAR Supplements, for non-Department of Defense Federal procurements.
AMA Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities.
CPT is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. No fee schedules, basic unit, relative values or related listings are included in CPT. The AMA does not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical services. The responsibility for the content of this file/product is with CMS and no endorsement by the AMA is intended or implied. The AMA disclaims responsibility for any consequences or liability attributable to or related to any use, non-use, or interpretation of information contained or not contained in this file/product. This agreement will terminate upon notice if you violate its terms. The AMA is a third party beneficiary to this agreement.
The scope of this license is determined by the AMA, the copyright holder. Any questions pertaining to the license or use of the CPT should be addressed to the AMA. End Users do not act for or on behalf of the CMS. CMS DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO END USER USE OF THE CPT. CMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THIS PAGE. In no event shall CMS be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of such information or material.
Should the foregoing terms and conditions be acceptable to you, please indicate your agreement and acceptance by clicking above on the button labeled "Accept".
LICENSE FOR USE OF CURRENT DENTAL TERMINOLOGY (CDT™)
These materials contain Current Dental Terminology (CDTTM), Copyright © 2010 American Dental Association (ADA). All rights reserved. CDT is a trademark of the ADA.
THE LICENSE GRANTED HEREIN IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT. BY CLICKING ABOVE ON THE BUTTON LABELED "ACCEPT", YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, CLICK BELOW ON THE BUTTON LABELED "DO NOT ACCEPT" AND EXIT FROM THIS COMPUTER SCREEN.
IF YOU ARE ACTING ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF SUCH ORGANIZATION AND THAT YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CREATES A LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE OBLIGATION OF THE ORGANIZATION. AS USED HEREIN, "YOU" AND "YOUR" REFER TO YOU AND ANY ORGANIZATION ON BEHALF OF WHICH YOU ARE ACTING.
- Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, you, your employees and agents are authorized to use CDT only as contained in the following authorized materials and solely for internal use by yourself, employees and agents within your organization within the United States and its territories. Use of CDT is limited to use in programs administered by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). You agree to take all necessary steps to ensure that your employees and agents abide by the terms of this agreement. You acknowledge that the ADA holds all copyright, trademark and other rights in CDT. You shall not remove, alter, or obscure any ADA copyright notices or other proprietary rights notices included in the materials.
- Any use not authorized herein is prohibited, including by way of illustration and not by way of limitation, making copies of CDT for resale and/or license, transferring copies of CDT to any party not bound by this agreement, creating any modified or derivative work of CDT, or making any commercial use of CDT. License to use CDT for any use not authorized herein must be obtained through the American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Applications are available at the American Dental Association web site, http://www.ADA.org/.
- Applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation Clauses (FARS)\Department of restrictions apply to Government Use. Please click here to see all U.S. Government Rights Provisions.
- ADA DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES. CDT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES O F MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO FEE SCHEDULES, BASIC UNIT, RELATIVE VALUES OR RELATED LISTINGS ARE INCLUDED IN CDT. THE ADA DOES NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY PRACTICE MEDICINE OR DISPENSE DENTAL SERVICES. THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY CDT AND OTHER CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, IS WITH (INSERT NAME OF APPLICABLE ENTITY) OR THE CMS; AND NO ENDORSEMENT BY THE ADA IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED. THE ADA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OR LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO OR RELATED TO ANY USE, NON-USE, OR INTERPRETATION OF INFORMATION CONTAINED OR NOT CONTAINED IN THIS FILE/PRODUCT. This Agreement will terminate upon notice to you if you violate the terms of this Agreement. The ADA is a third party beneficiary to this Agreement.
- CMS DISCLAIMER. The scope of this license is determined by the ADA, the copyright holder. Any questions pertaining to the license or use of the CDT should be addressed to the ADA. End Users do not act for or on behalf of the CMS. CMS DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY ATTRIBUTABLE TO END USER USE OF THE CDT. CMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL COVERED BY THIS LICENSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CMS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.